GCP certification offered by Google is a suite of cloud computing services that run on the same infrastructure that Google uses internally for its end-user products, such as Google Search, Gmail, Google Drive, and YouTube. In addition to a set of management tools, it provides multiple modular cloud services, including computing, data storage, data analysis and machine learning. Credit card or bank account details are required for registration.
Google Cloud Platform provides infrastructure as a service, platform as a service and serverless computing environment. In April 2008, Google announced App Engine, a platform for developing and hosting web applications in Google-managed data centres, which was the company’s first cloud computing service.
Since announcing App Engine as a generally available service in November 2011, Google has added multiple cloud services to the platform. Google Cloud Platform is part of Google Cloud for Education and Enterprise. Mapping. service
Why do I need a GCP certification?
According to Global Knowledge’s 2020 Skills and Salaries Report, 52% of IT organizations and departments need skilled IT workers to meet their goals, with 93% agreeing that certification is a primary factor when looking for qualified individuals. A Google Cloud Platform or GCP certification helps enhance your skills and demonstrates your commitment to your skills.
Here are four main reasons why Google Cloud Platform certification is good for you:
- Industry Recognition
- Career Advancement
- Personal Development
What is the value of GCP certification?
Google Cloud certification is divided into two categories: associate and professional certification. The associate certificate is for beginners who want to acquire basic skills like deploying cloud services, while the professional certificate is for professionals to improve their design and management skills.
With Gartner naming Google as one of the three leaders in its 2020 Magic Quadrant – for the third consecutive year, Google Cloud Platform Certification has become a much-needed requirement in the home and cloud computing job market.
Glassdoor estimates that the average base salary for a certified Google Cloud Platform Engineer is between $160,000 and $175,000 per year. So, earning a GCP Certification can be valuable if you’re a beginner looking to major in cloud computing or an experienced cloud engineer looking to enhance your professional portfolio.
Here are a few statistics that speak to the value of a Google Cloud Platform certification:
- Among those with certification, 80% of those who applied for new jobs received at least one job offer.
- 1 in 3 Google Cloud Certified Engineers got a raise or a higher-paying job.
- 70% say that GCP Certification has helped them improve their position.
Top GCP Certifications?
Google currently offers seven certificates for its cloud platform. The GCP Certification can be bundled into two clusters:
An associate certificate for those who manage the day-to-day operations of cloud environments. This includes deployment and maintenance of cloud components. The registration fee for an associate certificate is $125 (plus tax where applicable).
The Associate Google Cloud Platform Engineer exam from GCP Certification assesses your ability to:
- Set up a cloud solution environment
- Plan and configure a cloud solution
- Deploy and implement a cloud solution
- Ensure the successful operation of a cloud solution
- Configure access and security
- Recommended Experience: 6 months+ of hands-on experience with Google Cloud
Professional certifications are for seasoned cloud engineers who want to prove their skills in designing and implementing cloud environments. The registration fee for a professional certificate is $200 (plus tax where applicable). Here are the professional certifications:
The Professional Google Cloud Platform Architect exam from GCP Certification assesses your abilities.
- Design and plan a cloud solution architecture
- Cloud solution infrastructure management and provisioning
- Designed for security and compliance
The Professional Google Cloud Platform Developer exam from GCP Certification assesses your ability to:
- Design highly scalable, available, and reliable cloud-native applications
- Application development and testing
- Keep applying
- Integrate Google Cloud Services
The Professional Google Cloud Platform Data Engineer exam from GCP Certification assesses your ability to:
- Design data processing systems
- Create and manage data processing systems
- Implement machine learning models
- Ensure solution quality
Cloud DevOps Engineer
The Professional Google Cloud Platform DevOps Engineer exam from GCP Certification assesses your ability to:
- Apply site reliability engineering principles to a service
- Optimize service performance
- Implementation of service monitoring strategies
- Create and implement the CI/CD pipeline for a service
Cloud Security Engineer
The Professional Google Cloud Platform Security Engineer exam from GCP Certification assesses your ability to:
- Configure access within a cloud solution environment
- Configure network security
- Ensure data protection
- Manage operations within a cloud solution environment
How to Prepare for a GCP Certification Exam
Google doesn’t provide scores for its tests. Instead, it rates the score as “pass” or “fail.” This is another reason to revise thoroughly to prepare for the GCP Certification exam.
Here are five steps to pass Google Cloud certification:
- The first step is to take a relevant education path, especially if you have your eye on an associate certification. It will help you build foundational knowledge in an area that interests you. We recommend choosing a course from Cloud Guru, Udemy or Coursera to prepare for the certification.
- Google also provides some test practice with sample questions, which will help you familiarize yourself with the exam question format and the content your exam might cover.
- Google Cloud also provides certification exam outlines (Professional Cloud Architect). Review them to familiarize yourself with the required learning objectives and check for any gaps in knowledge.
- Also, Google Cloud offers practice exams for all its certifications. At the end of the study, write the practice test. This will help you identify where to improve before taking the certification exam.
- After completing each practice test, take notes focusing on where you didn’t perform well. Do additional research and retake practice tests to gauge your understanding.
In today’s cloud computing world, having a GCP Certification gives you an edge in career advancement and personal development. Since Google Cloud is among the most competitive cloud service providers, Google Cloud Platform Certification is worth it.
According to Gartner, there is currently insufficient expertise in cloud computing; It predicts that by 2022, low efficiency, particularly in IaaS, will delay the adoption of cloud solutions by two years. Please visit our website www.591cert.com and get certified with GCP certification.