Aruba Certified Mobility Expert (ACMX) certification validates your expert-level skills to design and deploy highly scalable Mobile First Networking solutions that support enterprise business requirements. Achieving this certification will differentiate you as a leader in integrating and troubleshooting large-scale innovative Aruba Mobile Networking solutions.
To achieve ACMX, you need to pass HPE6-A79 ACMX written exam first and then the HPE0-A125P ACMX Practical exam. There are no prerequisites to apply for the ACMX written exam, but it is highly recommended to have at least three to five years of experience designing and integrating complex enterprise-level Aruba Mobile First Networks.
Before you attempt either ACMX Certification written exam or practical exam, you should have in-depth knowledge on the following areas:
• Understand the Aruba mobility designs that consist of the main site and branches. Learn and have in-depth knowledge on how to plan, implement and troubleshoot the following scenarios:
a) Mobility Master/ Mobility Controllers Architecture with clustering
b) Standalone Mobility Controllers Architecture with redundancy
c) Remote Access Points in branch sites
d) Aruba Instant Access Points (IAP) clusters in branch sites
e) IAP VPN Connection to main site Mobility Controller
f) Multizone feature to share the access point among multiple controllers belonged to different customers.
• You should gain experience and knowledge to analyze the functional requirements of a customer. And then to create a network design and implementation plan to fulfill them.
• If possible, you should set up your own lab environment for study purposes and be familiar with configuration procedures associated with 802.1X, MAC Auth, Web Auth to implement Aruba WLAN secure employee and guest solutions.
• Have thorough knowledge of Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF) and RF Protect (RFP) licenses and how to use their capabilities to fulfill customer requirements. Learn how Aruba access point can act as a stateful firewall in the network’s access layer. It is essential to know about the AppRF feature, application control, and visibility.
• Gather knowledge on Aruba Airwave and Aruba Central that act as Network Management Systems and understand how they are positioned in Aruba mobility solutions.
• Get hands-on experience with CLI on Aruba Mobility controllers and be familiar with troubleshooting methodologies and associated commands. Gather low-level knowledge on how Aruba Mobility Master, Aruba Mobility Controller, and access points interact with each other so that you will be able to fix problems faster by looking at the show commands and debug commands outputs.
Along with all these studies, you can 591Lab for their amazing Certcollection.
Upon passing the written exam, you will only have 18 months to pass the ACMX Practical Exam. If you do not pass the ACMX Practical Exam within 18 months, you will have to retake the current ACMX Written Exam. ACMX practical exam (HPE0-A125P) is an eight-hour exam that tests skills in enterprise-level Aruba WLAN deployment using AOS 8.6, AirWave, L2/L3 infrastructure, WLANs including MultiZone, Guest provisioning, dynamic segmentation, optimization of UCC, video, and multicast in Aruba environments.